When Xerox, the global leader in document management and document outsourcing, sought to improve user experience across the customer journey, it turned to WT Commerce for expert guidance and implementation.
The UX Factor
Sharpening focus on user experience
Flexibility, convenience, choice - these are the watchwords that are driving B2C operators to adopt omnichannel commerce strategies, empowering consumers to shop how they want, when they want.
At WT Commerce, we recognise that B2B clients are also looking for the same benefits in their relationships with suppliers and service providers. Our inspiration was therefore to develop a multichannel ecommerce solution for Xerox that would hand its B2B clients freedom and flexibility.
We recommended taking a mobile-first approach to designing and developing a brand new accessible, user-friendly web platform that would focus strategic attention of clients engaging with Xerox services through their smartphones. Our approach included:
- Migrating Xerox’s existing ecommerce platform to the latest version of Intershop.
- Building and deploying three new websites - Xerox E-Store, Xerox Supplies and Xerox Document & Software Services.
- Adopting a responsive design strategy so all web content and features appeared and functioned at their optimum on different devices and browsers.
- Developing custom features for each site to make them more accessible to users.
- Integrating third party services such as Vertex tax calculation and Xerox payment credit card service to all websites.
Simple management of all channels from a single work environment has laid the foundations for Xerox to scale its digital offering fast, and efficiently.
Across all three websites, Xerox is now able to sell more than 5000 different products online, a major advance on its previous capability.